This post has already been read 343 times!
Android is well termed as the “King” when analyzed on the scale of number of mobile users. It is the mobile platform favored by many people around the globe. Thus bringing your business in the android application development services is surely a decision well taken. There are various Android Operating system that support various features and capabilities of the developed application. The new is always better, thus get to the latest updated OS version and enjoy the new features of various developed applications or gain the full utility of your mobile phones.
The updated OS being Android 9.0 (Pie) was launched in August’2018 and harnesses the power of Artificial Intelligence to enable you get most out of your mobile device.
Below are the latest features of Android 9.0 that are making the Android experience faster, intelligent and smarter.
- Multi-camera APIs
- Data cost sensitivity in JobScheduler
- Notification updates and smart reply
- ImageDecoder for bitmaps and drawables
- Display cutout APIs
These above updates are detailed below:
- Multi-camera support and camera update: Devices running on Android 9 can access streams from two or more physical camera. It supports dual-front and dual-back camera which has enhanced the image capturing features such as seamless zoom, bokeh, and stereo vision. Other improvements include session parameters; reduce delays during initial capture and surface sharing. In addition the multi-camera API support monochrome cameras and external USB/UVC cameras on supported devices.
- ImageDecoder for drawables and bitmaps: ImageDecoder class provides a modernized approach for image decoding. It lets you create Drawable or a Bitmap from a file, URI or a byte buffer. The decoded image can be customized by the following methods:
- Crop an image within the range of the scaled image by setCrop().
- Create a mutable bitmap and then pass True into setMutableRequired().
- Set the image to decided exact size by passing the target into setTargetSize().
- It also allows adding customized complicated effects to an image; rounded corners or circle masks.
- Data cost sensitivity in JobScheduler: Newly launched in Android 9, JobScheduler uses network status signals provided by network carriers to improve the network related jobs of your devices. It improves user experience and better engagement. For example; when the network is congested – JobScheduler defer large network requests whereas on perfect network JobScheduler will improve the user experience by the prefetching headline and so on.
- Display Cutout Support: Android 9(pie) support edge to edge screens that contain display cutouts for speakers and cameras. The DisplayCutout class will let you find out the location and shape of the non-functional areas ( no content displayed). Further, determine the existence and placement of these cutout areas, using the getDisplayCutout() method.
Notification updates and smart reply: Android 9 has enhanced various notifications that have eased the work of trusted android app Development Company. The features are briefed below:
- Better messaging experience: Starting from Android 7.0, the message can be replied with an action but with Android 9 the messaging feature is enhanced more.
- Simplified support for conversation participants
- Support for images
- Save reply as drafts
- Identify the group or non-group conversation
- Set semantic action for an event
- Channel setting, broadcast, and DND: Notification channel was introduced in Android 8.0 and was enhanced in Android 9.0 with the following changes:
- Blocking channel groups
- New broadcast intent types
- New Do Not Disturb constants
Conclusion: Android 9 is the updated Operating system for the android devices. It has improved user experience and a better feature that has improved customer engagement. Surely, Android is the king in the market with 80% devices running on Android platform and with this latest addition in the Android, the number of active devices is surely going to increase more in coming years.