This post has already been read 556 times!
NETGEAR Router Installation error is one of the biggest problems faced by everyone in today’s world. People require high-range of internet connectivity all over the house and that is why they switch to NETGEAR router. But some people complaints that they cannot access the internet with their router. What troubleshooting steps they should follow.
NETGEAR Router Troubleshooting: Internet Connectivity Issues
- Disconnect your router with the modem. Wait for five minutes and connect both the devices again after the gap of five minutes.
Note: If you still fail to access the internet, contact our tech support team immediately.
If you are able to access the internet, reconnect your router.
- Be sure that USB cables are properly and physically attached to each other (router, modem, and computer). When you attach all the wires with each other, you see that LED lights on your router and modem stars blinking. If you don’t see any lights, consider placing your devices to somewhere else.
- You also have to be sure that the wires you are using to connect your devices, supposed to be safe, secure and dust resistance.
- Now, what you have to do, connect your computer with the router and launch a web browser onto it. In the field of the address bar type routerlogin.net
- The router’s smart wizard page will display. If you are not able to log in, type NETGEAR Router Default IPe. 192.168.1.1 instead of routerlogin.net.
- Configure your router with default username and password.
- Click ‘Apply’.
- Now, configure your router with the DNS and the address of the default gateway. Once done, click ‘Apply.
If the smart wizard fails to find the IP address, then:
- Turn off the Router.
- Turn off the Modem.
Wait for two minutes, and turn on the modem and router simultaneously.
- Now, click on the ‘Smart Wizard’ button.
- Under the status of the router, confirm the router’s IP address (valid). For more information and instant help, contact our tech support team.
- If you see that there is no valid IP address, perform a complete ‘Power Cycle’ of your network.
How do I perform Power Cycle of my Home Network
If you are facing connectivity issues with your NETGEAR device, consider performing a complete ‘power cycle’ process for your network. For ‘power cycling’ you need to turn off all the networking devices you own.
Wait for ten to fifteen minutes and turn them on again. ‘Power cycling’ helps you in resolving the following issues:
- Internet access on any device.
- Able to go online.
- Internet connection can be established on your gateway/ router.
- Stable LED lights on the router.
- Helps in competing for the process of NETGEAR Router Setup.
Power Cycle your Home Network: If you are using a standalone cable/ DSL modem with a router
- Shut down all your networking system. After that, turn on DSL/ cable modem first to boot up your system. This process will take a couple of minutes. If you do not see any LED lights on your devices, consider turning off all the WiFi and Bluetooth devices (only till the process of power cycling).
- Turn on your router and the modem.
- Now, the router will allow you to establish a secure internet connection with DSL/ cable modem.
- Enable all your WiFi networking devices and reconnect them with the router.
It may also interest you to know that the power cycling process also allows it users for NETGEAR Router Default Login, who fails to access due to internet connectivity issues
Power Cycle your Home Network: If you are using only a DSL/ cable gateway (modem router)
- Shut down the entire networking system.
- Enable DSL/ Cable gateway and give it five-six minutes to boot up.
- Let the power lights on them starts blinking.
- Once the networking connection is completed by the DSL/ gateway, turn on the entire wired and wireless devices.
You also have to be sure that the entire interference creating obstruction like Bluetooth devices, metal appliances, electronic gadgets, cordless phones, baby monitors, automatic door alarms, etc. supposed to be shut down during the process of NETGEAR Router Troubleshooting and Power Cycling.
Waiting for NETGEAR Router Login or looking for NETGEAR Router Support? Whatever your issue may be (major or minor), it hardly matters to us. Just give a call on toll-free number 1-888-884-6940 and get instant help for all your problems and issues from the finest team of tech support in the world.