This post has already been read 147 times!
SAP HANA has various advantages such as simplicity in design, efficiency, data optimization, and world-class performance abilities.
The indexer components in SAP HANA
Session management, transaction management, authorization of any object, and command processing are performed by the index server. It serves the purpose of row storage and columnar storage which can be utilized to create tables. The columnar storage facility is more favoured due to its various features and advantages.
An introduction to SAP HANA studio
An Eclipse-based tool, SAP HANA studio is the central development system and the primary administrative tool for the HANA system. It can be used to access a local or a remote HANA system and it works as a client tool. HANA Administration, HANA Information Modelling, and Data Provisioning in the HANA database are facilitated by the SAP HANA studio.
SAP HANA studio is supported by Microsoft Windows 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server SLES11, and Mac OS. All the features of SAP HANA studio may not be available to all devices because they depend on the installation of the software. During the initial installation, the features that are required must be specified according to the role of the organization. The Software Life Cycle Manager can also be incorporated for client updates in the latest version of Studio.
Several predefined User Interface Layouts which address many application types are provided by SAP HANA studio for the sole purposes of modelling, data provisioning, and administration. These layouts are called perspectives.
- SAP HANA Studio Administration- It contains a complete toolset for many administrative tasks, but these exclude transportable design-time repository objects. Tools such as tracing, catalogue browser and SQL Console can be incorporated for troubleshooting purposes. It provides all the views necessary to perform administrative tasks on SAP HANA instances.
- SAP HANA Studio Database Development- It delivers a set of tools customized for the development of the content of the organization. The focus is applied to DataMart and ABAP which are transported to SAP HANA scenarios. These don’t include SAP HANA native application development (XS).
- SAP HANA Development perspective- It offers a toolset with menu options and views that enable the company to develop applications on SAP HANA XS, which can be used for managing application-development projects and display the content of application packages. It also allows browsing of the SAP HANA repository. The system comprises of a small web server, which can be used for hosting applications built on a small-scale. The toolset offered help in developing application code which is written in Java and HTML.
- The Debug Perspective- The wide range of tools which are contained in this toolset is utilized for the testing of developed applications. They help in viewing the source code, monitoring, and modification of the variables and setting the break points.
- The Modeller Perspective- This perspective is crucial as it provides the toolset with various view and menu options that aid the company in defining their business model analytically. The attributes, analytic, and calculation views of the SAP HANA data can be obtained in this perspective at Stechies.