This post has already been read 747 times!
If you search Newcastle user experience design online, you will be met with an abundance of search results. However, there is, unfortunately, a lot of misinformation on the web. It is thus of little surprise that many companies are confused regarding what UX actually is and why it is important. With that being said, in this post, we are going to debunk some of the most common myths about user experience design.
- User experience is a choice – This is one of the most common myths that people believe. User experience may have been a choice several years ago, but it is now a necessity. If you do not design products and experiences without the user in mind, you will end up with a product that is deficient or of a poor quality, or both.
- User experience is only about usability – It is about so much more! A lot of people believe that UX simply translates to creating products and services that are easy to use. Making design intuitive and easy is only a small per of the goal. It is about creating things that people want to use in order to get them to change their business. Of course, effectiveness and efficiency are important, but so too are behavioural and emotional responses to products and services, as well as learnability.
- You understand your users – A lot of business owners believe that they understand their users already, and, therefore, they do not need user experience design. Let’s be frank; all company owners love their product, why wouldn’t they – they created it. However, we expect people to love it as much as we do. Instead, we need to spend time understanding our audience, getting to grips with what they expect, what they like, and what their pain points are. The only way to achieve results is to make sure that we gather data that is objective, comparable, and clear, and that we test everything.
- User experience is interface design – A lot of people mistakenly believe that UX and UI are the same things. While they are a bit of part of digital services and products, they are two different things. In fact, UI is one piece of the puzzle. This relates to the design of the interface, which is an important component of user experience, however, there are many more vital components too.
- User experience is a type of website design – Again, this is a myth that is all too common. Many people think that UX is some sort of magic formula that is used to correct design issues. However, user experience design is the entire design process, and it goes beyond this too.
Hopefully, you should now have a better understanding regarding what is the truth and what is a myth when it comes to Newcastle user experience design.