This post has already been read 200 times!
Well, in today’s world of Internet and technology, the cable Internet Providers supported broadband network speed for downloads as low as 0.5Mbps (512Kbps). These have been increasing over the years by a factor of 100 with improvement, perfection, and upgrading Internet Network Technology. It may also interest you to know that cables remain one of the most popular and admired type of high-speed Internet access used for the process of Netgear WiFi Range Extender Setup connecting two or more devices physically and properly with each other etc. Range extenders are lot much useful in spreading the range of the existing WiFi network all over the house. In case, you wish to switch to a range extender, then you just have to apply some of the following valuable steps:
- Take your range extender close to the router.
- Be sure that your router is physically connected with the existing modem.
- Here, you might need the help of two Ethernet cables. One is meant to connect your router and the extender and second one to connect your range extender with your smart device (computer or laptop).
- After connecting all your smart devices with each other, you have to launch a web browser and type mywifiext, in the field of the address bar.
- This step will take you to the home page of Netgear Genie Setup. Make sure that you have the right login credentials, if not, contact your Internet Service Provider or the Netgear experts immediately on a toll-free number 1-844-689-9966. Here you will get a definite solution to all your brain-teasers and annoying problems.
Also, remember that your router and the modem should be up-to-date in order to accept the challenges given by the latest technologies.
- Your devices should be free from dust and heat from over-loaded malicious files.
- Its antennas should be well-placed in a vertical position.
- The Ethernet or the USB cable you are using should be in well condition.
Now, we will discuss the role of modem cables in Cables Internet Speed
Well, it will definitely interest you to know dear users that the Cable Modern Technology follows the industry standard Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification, that means the older DOCSIS 2.0 cable modems supports 38Mbps for downloads and 27Mbps for uploads. We all know that in today’s modern world, technology has reached a hike and improved this much that it can accept all the upcoming challenges given by the latest technology.
Similarly, the requirement for faster cable modems leads to the introduction of DOCSIS 3.0 that would increase the performance of your modem as compared with the old version of the cable. Also, the newer version of cable modem can support the connection speed up to 150 Mbps.
Facts to know about those things which slows down the Cable Internet
We would also like to share valuable facts with our valuable users that your cable speed will always depend upon the usage pattern of third-party or the neighboring devices. It is also the acceptable fact that an individual cable line can connect numerous household devices at the same time. Suppose, if some of your neighboring locality access the Internet at the same time, then it will become a discrete perspective that cable speed of yours will reduce significantly. Why did such issue happen?
- Service Glitches
Always remember that the cable speed can unexpectedly drop if the service provider has the least technical difficulty with their network they own. We are also certain that the speed should return to normal after a couple of minutes or hours.
- Bandwidth Cap
Internet Service Providers can choke the performance of an individual or single subscriber’s connection completely based upon their terms, condition, and services. Also, set a limit on guest access and parental control for those relatives and friends who often visit you, so that you never exceed the limit and budget of the monthly allowance.
- Issues with your Smart Devices
The old version of computers, laptops or modems missing some adequate or plenty amount of processing power or memory cannot keep pace with a high-speed of Internet connection. Take care of your device’s applications that they are not running in the background and consuming your data. Also, be certain that all your smart devices are up-to-date with the latest firmware.